Monday, April 20, 2009

Happy Birthday Devin!

Hi Everyone, it is Devin's birthday tomorrow!

Our computer is still being repaired, so Becky reminded me to do this birthday post for Devin.

When Devin was born, I was still on my mission in Paraguay. I'm pretty sure that he was born in 1992 (is that right, Brenda?), which would make him 17 years old now.

While I was in Paraguay, news of Devin's birth took weeks to get to me, so I really didn't know what was going on in real-time (no email back in those days). I just remember feeling concerned and helpless upon hearing of the challenges Devin was facing at that time. He was in my prayers at that time, and many times since then.

We all love Devin. Becky and I were talking about him, and she said that when she looks into his eyes all she feels is pure love, not only for him, but emanating from him. He radiates love. He radiates purity and innocence. For me, it is a privilege and an honor to be his uncle.

Over the years, Devin has been a real trooper as he has dealt with numerous injuries and medical issues. He is tough! As he gets older his toughness comes through as he comes to me and grabs my arm and pulls me wherever he wants to go. It's always a special treat to get a love from him, too. I always love to see his enthusiasm and excitement when we get together as a family. It is awesome to see the love he shares with and receives from everyone.

We love you Devin! Have a happy birthday!

No comments: