Saturday, May 9, 2009

Happy Surprise Party to me!


A few weeks ago my good friend called an invited us over to watch the jazz game. I was really happy to hear from her since they moved away and we don't see them very often. Just as we were walking out the door my friend from high school called and asked if I could sub on their soccer team that night.

Talking to these two friends got me thinking about all my high school friends and how we should all get together. While I was expressing my thoughts, Matt kept pacing the floor. Finally he broke down and said "I've been talking to you friends from high school and they are all coming to a surprise party for your birthday." I was like you have not been talking to my friends. Then he started naming my friends that he had been in contact with. I was totally shocked! Here is the result of all his hard work.

Treva Hacking, Nicole Reams, me, Lisa Stringham
My friend Lisa has been one of my best friends since we were 3. Her parents still live around the corner from mine. When Lisa was born she had heart problems and had to have heart surgery. She is a miracle and was not suppose to live. About 3-5 years ago while he parents were serving as a mission president in the Philippines she started to have some heart trouble. She went to the doctor and was told she had to have surgery immediately. Everything went well but since that time she has suffered at least 1 stroke. Her speech is slow and quiet and she is not as loud and "bubbly" as she once was, but she seems to be doing pretty well. She is so precious to me and I can't imagine this world without her. She is truly the most Christ like person I have ever met!

Paulynn White Hacking, Jenny Pitcher Fox, Sandra Thorson Larkin, Lisa Stringham,
Nicole Reames, Treva Platt Hacking, Jared Valentine, me, Ryan Webb, Trisha Talbot Stephens

High school friends and their spouses

My neighbor friends, which I pretty much ignored. They said they would be my friend tomorrow and to go enjoy my high school friends. I love these people!

Nancy was our official photographer and all around "make sure everyone is having a good time" party expert.

My good friends Ed and Brenda Pehrson. She baked the cake and Ed decorated it. I have such talented friends. The Pehrsons were my first real estate clients. It was bitter sweet because we sold their house for top dollar in 10 days and got them a brand new house at a great price. The down side, they moved out of our ward and I don't get to see them very often.

2 comments:

dana said...

Wow! How totally fun!!
Great party planning everyone.
And Happy Birthday Becky!

Brenda said...

I glad you had a great birthday. You deserve it. Way to go Matt.