Monday, November 30, 2009

Texas



Matt and I did something that I thought was totally crazy, but Kasey assured me it was really "a very American" thing to do. We jumped on a plane and headed out of state to go to a college football game. Not just any college game but a UT football game. The last home football game of the season and last for the seniors.



How did we become UT fans? Well it really is Dish networks fault. You see they don't carry the Mountain channel so we never got any Utah/BYU games, so we had to adopt an outside team. We started watching UT last fall and really enjoy watching them. So they became our team.

Yes I have told a few of you that Colt McCoy is my boyfriend but no that is not true. :( After being at the game I don't think I was the only one who thought he was their "someone special". (Love you Matt)

Matt is very supportive of my obsession and actually arranged this trip. We have a great friend/home teacher who is a pilot for Southwest who offered to get us buddy passes. Wow! What a guy! After that we bought tickets and away we went!

Casey and Dana offered to let us stay with them so we said sure and were so glad we did. We had the best time hanging out with them and their super cute kids! Little Owen reminds me so much of Ty when he was little.

It was a little stressful at times. We had to fly standby so we left our house at 4:30 AM. That was okay but the kids had to get themselves up and to school alone. Then when I called after school to make sure everyone was okay Ty said he was sick. My mom came and got them and took them to her house for the weekend. Saturday when I called she said Ty threw up that night. Gulp...guilt. Mom took him to the doctor and guess what...Strep. Ahhh.

All in all we had a great time and I am so glad we went!

No comments: