August 31, 2009 by Kolette
Day 1
9:00 am – Arrived at Jim’s Gym
9:35 am – Threw up in Jim’s Gym bathroom
Note to self: Don’t eat breakfast – even if it is an hour and a half before. But hey, at least my detour gave me a chance to take a break.
Bring on tomorrow.
Day 2
Conversation of the Day:
Jim (being military-ish, I guess): “No taking breaks. Are you handicapped in some way? Do you have a crippling disease?”
Me: “Does not exercising for two years count?”
At least Jim asked me nicely. Maybe he really wanted to know the answer. Ummm….probably not.
Death by push-up equipment thing. Yes, it is possible.
Day 4
Jim (in the middle of the workout): “Get on the treadmill for five minutes. Don’t change the speed and don’t hold on.”
Two minutes later (I know because I was watching the time with an eagle eye)…
Jim: “Kolette, that’s not just holding on, that’s a death grip!”
Day 5
“Walk faster with higher resistance or you’ll do 10 extra mountain climbers, Kolette.” “Run from machine to machine, Kolette.” “Do jumping jacks while you wait.” “Breaks are for Gold’s Gym. We don’t take breaks here.”
Ahhh……blessed treadmill.
Day 6
Jim (in the attempt to motivate): “Do you want me to show you how I can do it twice as fast?”
Me: “No.”
Of course you can do it twice as fast or twice as good or twice as long, Jim. That’s why people don’t pay me to be their trainer. Duh. If you couldn’t do it better with your fierce muscles then I would be concerned. So no, I don’t want to see you do it better than me. Thanks, though.
I seriously am still laughing! This girl is hilarious and has the "Jim" thing down pretty good.
Just a side note. I love my trainer Jim, he is tough and is always pushing me to be better, stronger, faster and with his help one day I just might be a better runner.



No comments:
Post a Comment